Friday, March 30, 2012

Optimizing Reports

I've got a report thats somewhat time consuming that runs on my
reporting server, and what I've found is that if I select anything more
than a few months in my daterange parameters, its like 5 minutes to run.
What I'd like to know...
Can I snapshot a years worth of default data, and have the report run
off the snapshot, but allow you to specify date range within the two dates?
Thanks in advance
WestonWeston Weems wrote:
> I've got a report thats somewhat time consuming that runs on my
> reporting server, and what I've found is that if I select anything more
> than a few months in my daterange parameters, its like 5 minutes to run.
> What I'd like to know...
> Can I snapshot a years worth of default data, and have the report run
> off the snapshot, but allow you to specify date range within the two dates?
> Thanks in advance
> Weston
I think a linked report with the default parameter of a years worth of
data setup in a snapshot would be good. Then just reference the linked
report and change the parameters. The report should be served from the
snapshot.
Just theory, I haven't tried it to see if it would work.

No comments:

Post a Comment