Saturday, February 25, 2012

Operating system error 87 on log file

I am getting an error on the Eventlog that says :17053:
\\server\mssql7\data\app_log.ldf: Operating system error 87
(The paremeter is incorrect) encountered.
This error used to be immediately followed by an
error "The log file for database is full". Then I created
a maintenance plan that backs up the Transaction log every
hour. Now I am getting a "fcb::close-flush:Operating
system error 87".
To me it seems like that SqlServer is having problem
writing to this file. The files are on a RAID 5 disk.
Could it be a problem with RAID? Should I create a new Log
file and delete the old one?
Any help will be greatly appreciated.
Thanks.Did you setup Auto-Growth for the transaction log file?
>--Original Message--
>I am getting an error on the Eventlog that says :17053:
>\\server\mssql7\data\app_log.ldf: Operating system error
87
>(The paremeter is incorrect) encountered.
>This error used to be immediately followed by an
>error "The log file for database is full". Then I created
>a maintenance plan that backs up the Transaction log
every
>hour. Now I am getting a "fcb::close-flush:Operating
>system error 87".
>To me it seems like that SqlServer is having problem
>writing to this file. The files are on a RAID 5 disk.
>Could it be a problem with RAID? Should I create a new
Log
>file and delete the old one?
>Any help will be greatly appreciated.
>Thanks.
>.
>|||Yes, Auto-Growth is set up. Initially it was set up to
grow by 10%.
The file size is only 1.24 MB, and it seems like it
consistently has 0.7 mb free in it. The application
developer insists that it does not need to be any bigger
than 2 MB, and does not need to grow any more than 10%.
I have recently set it up to grow by 1 MB. But that did
not help.
Also, the hourly backup is not creating any backup
file .TRN extension. Is it because it is so small?
>--Original Message--
>Did you setup Auto-Growth for the transaction log file?
>
>>--Original Message--
>>I am getting an error on the Eventlog that says :17053:
>>\\server\mssql7\data\app_log.ldf: Operating system error
>87
>>(The paremeter is incorrect) encountered.
>>This error used to be immediately followed by an
>>error "The log file for database is full". Then I
created
>>a maintenance plan that backs up the Transaction log
>every
>>hour. Now I am getting a "fcb::close-flush:Operating
>>system error 87".
>>To me it seems like that SqlServer is having problem
>>writing to this file. The files are on a RAID 5 disk.
>>Could it be a problem with RAID? Should I create a new
>Log
>>file and delete the old one?
>>Any help will be greatly appreciated.
>>Thanks.
>>.
>.
>

No comments:

Post a Comment